Any students needing dance shoes should plan on attending our fitting session at the Waverly studio. Dance shoes will need to be paid for the day of fitting, and don’t forget to wear socks! Cash or checks only; no credit cards accepted for shoes.
FOR UNIFORMITY AT PERFORMANCE TIME YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE SHOES FROM US. We require the recommended shoes be worn for performance/recital. Please do not purchase shoes elsewhere.
Waverly Studio: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Waverly Studio: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
If you do not make it to one of these fittings please check for a make up day. If you can’t attend please plan to get shoes fit and ordered from us during our Dance Closet hours after the season begins.
Pink ballet slippers
White Acrobat Shoes
Slip On Tap
Slip On Jazz
Pointe Shoes (Gaynor Minden)
How to Sew Pointe Shoes
- Cut ribbon into 4 equal pieces.
- Fold heel so that it lies flat against shoe. (illustration #1)
- Position the ribbons on the insides of the shoe, just in front of the folds on either side.
- Sew the ribbons to the shoe using sewing machine or by hand. Do not sew on the drawstring binding. (illustration #2)
- Attach elastic on each side of the back seam. Sew on the inside of the shoe. Do not sew ON the back seam. (illustration #3)
- Finish ends of ribbons with Fray-Check, or clear nail polish.
We're On TV!
Gaynor Minden Featured on NBR
PBS's Nightly Business Report focused it's lens on Gaynor Minden last Friday, July 5th. In their "Bright Ideas" segment they examine dancer turned designer and entrepreneur Eliza Minden's quest to create a better pointe shoe.
The story also features ABT Soloist Kristi Boone and a sneak peak at our NYC headquarters!