- Dance lessons begin the week of September 16th, 2019.
- Formal class attire: for examples click here
- The Dance Closet will have a selection of dancewear available at our shoe fitting days and throughout the year.
- All classes require proper shoes. Styles and prices are here. For uniformity at performance time, you will need to purchase dance shoes from us.
- Ballet, Pointe and Ballet Technique for Jazz: leotard, tights, hair secured. Ballet skirt or dance shorts are acceptable; no pants.
- Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Acrobats, Baby Stars and A Chance To Dance: leotard, tights, hair secured. Unitard, jazz pants, dance shorts over leotard are acceptable.
- Boys' attire: dance pants or sweatpants, and t-shirt.
- No baggy clothing allowed. Students who arrive unprepared will be asked to sit out. During winter months, students may wear a sweater until they have warmed up.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STREET CLOTHES OR STREET SHOES WILL BE ALLOWED IN ANY DANCE CLASS.
- Attendance: In fairness to fellow students and instructors, excellent attendance is expected. More than one absence per term will be considered excessive. If you decide to discontinue your lesson, please leave a message at the studio.
- Visiting days: October 21-24, 2019, January 13-17, 2020, and March 9-12, 2020. There will be no exceptions.
- There is no talking during the lesson.
- NO STREET SHOES allowed in the studio.
- PLEASE arrange care for younger children that may be disruptive to the classroom.
- Holiday schedule: Please make note of these dates, as there will not be any further notices sent home. This is our dance schedule for the year; we do not follow any schools. Any miscellaneous days off from school do not indicate a day off from dance.
- Halloween: No lessons on Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Thanksgiving: No lessons on Thursday, November 28, 2019
- Christmas: No lessons December 20, 2019 thru January 5, 2020
- Spring break: No lessons March 27 thru April 5, 2020
- Winter weather cancellations: We do not follow any schools. If weather is questionable, call the studio after 2:30 p.m. on the day in question. If there is no mention of cancellation, lessons will meet as usual.
- All students should be ready to begin dancing at the designated time, and should be picked up promptly at the end of class. Students should not be dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to their class time.
- Tuition: Our season will run non-stop from September through April. There will be 26-29 lessons, depending on the calendar year. Tuition is due three times a year. There are no refunds for missed or dropped lessons. Pay tuition online with credit cards or ACH from our website. Courtesy reminders will be emailed two weeks prior, however, if the email does not reach you for some reason, tuition will still be due by the dates listed below. Tuition can be paid online, sent to class, or mailed to: 526 LENTZ COURT, LANSING, MI 48917.
Tuition Schedule First term Due upon registration Second term Due November 11-14, 2019 Third term Due February 3-6, 2020
Returned checks will be charged an additional $30.00.
Late fee of twenty dollars ($25.00) will be posted to any unpaid accounts beginning December 1st for the second term and February 21st for the third term. BE SURE TO INCLUDE LATE FEES WITH YOUR TUITION IF IT IS PAID AFTER THE ABOVE DATES.
Base Tuition Per Term
30 minutes $86.00 45 minutes $93.00 1 hour $100.00 1.25 hours $107.00 PLUS $10.00 enrollment fee per student Discount Policy Student taking 2 or more classes 5% off total tuition Family of 2 or more students (Immediate family living at same address) 5% off total tuition
- PLACEMENT is at the sole discretion of our staff. Placement is done by skill, NOT BY AGE, or because there is a friend in the class. If at any time we feel that your student needs to be transferred to a different class, we will call you. We always have our student's best interest in mind, and place them where they will be able to learn and enjoy dance. Example: if someone has never studied ballet, they would need to be in a beginning ballet class (ages 5 & up) whether they were 5 or 10 years old. Please trust our recommendations.
- Recital: The studio holds a professionally run recital in the spring at Waverly High School Auditorium. The recital is optional, and there is an additional fee for the costume(s) and tickets.
CONFIRMED Recital Schedule Friday, April 17, 2020 DeWitt Dress Rehearsal 6:00 - 8:15pm Saturday, April 18, 2020 Waverly Dress Rehearsal 11:00 am - 1:15 pm Saturday, April 18, 2020 Grand Ledge Dress Rehearsal 2:00 pm - 4:15 pm Saturday, April 18, 2020 DeWitt RECITAL 6:00 pm Sunday, April 19, 2020 Waverly RECITAL 12:00 Noon Sunday, April 19, 2020 Grand Ledge RECITAL 4:00 pm
- DRESS REHEARSALS ARE FOR DANCERS AND PARENTS ONLY! We would like our guests to see our recital, not the rehearsal.
- Starlettes, Jr. Line, Adv Jazz/Acro, Musical Theatre, Int Tap and Miss Lori's ballet classes will appear in ALL dress rehearsals and recitals. If you enroll in one of these classes, you are REQUIRED to be at ALL dress rehearsals and recitals. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Costume ordering: Information and prices will be sent home in November, and all fees will be due by December 1, 2019. Please plan for this if you would like to participate in the recital. If you choose not to participate, you must call the studio by Friday, October 25, 2019.
- Rising Star reserves the right to alter scheduling in the rare event that the need may arise. If at any time the enrollment in a class drops below a satisfactory number, the class will be combined with the closest level class or cancelled.
- RECITAL MUSIC: We will email music to you as soon as we have editing complete.
- No gum, candy or cell phones allowed in class.
- Rising Star reserves the right to refuse enrollment or services to anyone at anytime.
- All students should demonstrate a helpful, positive attitude toward staff and students.
- OUR FACILITIES: All of our studios are equipped with professional sprung and/or wood dance floors. We DO NOT dance on cement!